It is the number one study destination for international students, offering a choice of programs from over 4000 universities to choose from. These institutions are both public and privately funded schools offering different degree levels. Nearly all U.S. postsecondary institutions are licensed and operate under the ownership of either a government (if public) or a private corporation (if independent). The quality of education of these institutes is evaluated by specific accrediting agencies that are highly and authentically recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and members of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

All International students studying in the USA on an F-1 visa status are qualified to work on campus up to 20 hours per week while they are pursuing their course. Also, they can work full time throughout their vacations or scheduled breaks. Students are qualified to commence job instantly upon being admitted to the United States on the F-1 status.

Education in the US

Bachelor’s Degree (or Baccalaureate Degree)

Bachelor’s Degrees are awarded after generally completing four years or a longer study at a college or university. In some academic fields at some institutions completion of the degree may require five years as well.

Master’s Degree

A graduate degree is awarded after one or two years of full-time post-baccalaureate study. The most common Master Degrees are M.A. (Master of Arts) for the larger number of disciplines; M.Ed. (Master of Education); M.S. (Master of Science); M.P.H. (Master of Public Health) or M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration).

Doctoral Degree (or Doctorate)

Doctoral Degree requires four to six years or more of post-baccalaureate study with a dissertation as a capstone. The most common doctorate, the “Doctor of Philosophy” (Ph.D.), can be obtained in large number of disciplines: such as Doctor of Medicine (M.D.); Doctor of Law (Juris Doctorate or LL.D.); and Education (Ed.D).

Professional Study

A program of university-level study designed to train students for a specific profession such as engineering, teaching, law, medicine, or architecture.

Post- Study Work rights in the United States

The [F-1] holders are suitable for a total of 12 months Optional Practical Training [OPT] as per the educational level they complete. To get the added 17-months of OPT extension [total of 29 months which comprises of 12 months OPT as stated above], the student must finish his/ her degree from STEM Majors, where STEM refers to degrees in science, technology, engineering, mathematics streams.

GET IN TOUCH WITH Team AcadVentures